Friday 1 June 2018

Best Part Of Me

Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to think carefully about the words I use so that my writing is descriptive and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to add an appropriate visual to my work

I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (smile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some interesting words to include in my writing
-I have some descriptive words in my writing (adjectives)

-I have added a photo to my writing


I like my taringa because they are like little children listening in to every word.  My taringa are one of a kind, they are mine oh mine. My ears let me hear all the wonderful  noises of the world. My taringa hold up my glasses so I can see. They are sensitive to all the loud noises of the earth. My taringa are like no others because they are delicate and my own.  They let me wear gorgeous earrings of all shapes and sizes. My ears are arched like a āniwaniwa high in the sky. I aroha my ears because they are mine oh mine!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous writing, Mackenzie. I can clearly see that you have met the learning intention for descriptive writing by using interesting language features. I love the way you refer to your ears as "hearing all the wonderful noises of the world," and as being useful for holding your glasses on and for displaying your gorgeous earrings. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.