Monday 10 September 2018

Reducing Our Plastic Waste

As part of learning about the environment this term, our class has been making beeswax wrap and reusable fabric bags to help reduce waste in our lunchboxes and everyday lives. It took quite a while to make all of our fabric bags. Beeswax wrap is a good alternative to glad wrap. This is how we made our beeswax wrap we had to choose our fabric. Once we had chosen our fabric we then had to grate some beeswax then sprinkle it on top of our fabric then place a sheet of baking paper on top then use a hot iron to melt the beeswax into our fabric. Once we had done that we had to let it dry for 1 minute and it was ready to use. I enjoyed learning how to make beeswax wraps which I can now make at home whenever we need more instead of using glad wrap. I have already used my beeswax wrap and it has saved us using lots of glad wrap.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mackenzie

    Well done for writing about the projects we have been doing in our class to try and help us reduce the amount of plastic waste we create. I liked the way you explained simply how to make the beeswax cloth wrap. The bag you made was beautiful!

    I have been very impressed with your lunchbox and the way you make sure you aren't creating lots of plastic waste. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Ireland
    thank you for your comment. My bag has come in very handy and my mum thinks it looks very cool to.
    From Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.