Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing

At the moment in class, we have been working on descriptive writing. We have been using pictures to give us ideas of what to write about. Here is a piece of writing I did. 

click here for a link to the original work.

The Abandoned Hospital.


As I walk through the light emerald trees, I hear the manu (birds) chirping in the sizzling hot rā (sun). As I am walking I see an abandoned building. Through all the moss and dirt I read a sign which says hōhipere (hospital). I wonder what happened?
I decide to go inside to explore and to escape the rā (sun) which was beating down
on my back.


Inside I was hit in the face with the strong aroma of chared rakau (wood) and ash.
I continue walking. Creak... Creak I stop dead in my tracks what was that. WWas somebody else in here as well? Shivers were sent up my spine. I looked down at
my waiwai (feet) to see that I was just standing on creaking floorboards. What a relief!


As I explore the smell of burnt rakau (wood) follows me around wherever I go.
BANG CRASH! What was that? I was so scared I jumped. I realised that It was
just a piece of steel falling to the ground. I think I know what happened; there
was a fire! I wonder how it happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.