Friday 14 June 2019

Callaghan's Ridge

Callaghan’s Ridge
On May the 11th rooms 1 and 8 went on a tramp at Callaghan's Ridge. Ms Kemp and
lots of parents came with us. It took us four and a half hours to walk the track.
On the track we had to work with a few people for a treasure hunt. We had to
find all sorts of things like birds, trees, and different types of ferns. Before we
left Ms Kemp checked that we had all of the right gear. Like rain jackets, beanies,
correct shoes etc.


Once we had started walking it started raining which made the stones very
slippery and the track very muddy so we had to be careful that we didn’t fall over.
Near the end of the tramp it stopped raining but everything was still muddy and
slippery.



When we stopped for lunch we had to make rain proof bivvys out of a tarpaulin
and some rope. We had to plan how we would make it in class. My group did
well. There was enough room for all of us to fit under it and we knew that
it was rain proof because when we were setting our one up it was raining lightly.


I really enjoyed the walk because I got to walk and talk with my friends. I also
liked the scavenger hunt because it gave us something to do while we were
walking. I also learnt things that I wouldn’t learn on a normal school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.